Saturday, July 16, 2011

Painting the Kitchen . . . and Other Things

We had a lot of cosmetic blemishes on our kitchen walls.  I really liked the green color, but didn't like looking at all the yucky holes/cracks and such.  So I got some paint that was a few shades darker and started preparing the walls.  Our wonderful friends the Smiths were taking the kids for a sleepover so that Dan & I could go watch the last Harry Potter movie, so we figured what an opportune time to get the painting done with no kids "helping".

 All patched/puttied/taped up and ready for new paint.

 My handsome hubby working.  Can you believe he's that tall?  Just kidding, he's standing on a stool.  If you look closely on the wall above Dan, you can see the slight color difference.

 I told Dan to take a picture of me working, to show that he didn't do all the work.

 Nice, clean, pretty walls!

 We then watched our friends kids for our dating swap.  Hannah was so cute and loved this saucer seat!

We were feeding the missionaries the next day, on one of their birthdays, so I made a cake for him.  The writing got a little shaky, but the black fondant turned out great!  It took forever and tons of food coloring/kneading to get it that way!  He was so happy to be remembered on his birthday, especially since he wasn't home with his family to celebrate.  (For those not of our faith, missionaries from our church spend 2 years away from their families teaching about Jesus Christ, and wear little black name tags that look like this.)

No comments: