Monday, November 22, 2010
Woody the Lamanite
For our Family Night we learned about a Prophet from The Book of Mormon, named Samuel. He tried to preach repentance to people who didn't want him in their city. So he taught them from their city wall. Even though people threw stones and shot arrows at him, he was not hit because the Lord protected him. We did a fun activity with our treats of the night (thanks for the idea, Mindy). Samuel (aka Woody) stood on the city wall (aka krispy treats) while the boys threw marshmallows at him. ( I forgot to secure Samuel in with a toothpick, but thankfully he didn't get knocked over to keep with the scripture story.)
It was a fun activity, and I'm sure the kids will always remember it and know that they will be protected if they do the things the Lord commands.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thanks for sharing, I know what FHE is for next week at our house!
That is such a fun idea! Thanks for sharing, I'm going to have to do that too.
Post a Comment