Tuesday, July 02, 2013

Ultrasound Gender Time!

I was a little nervous going into this ultrasound appointment.  I've been trying to move forward with faith that all would be good and healthy with this baby, but the closer it got to the 18-19 week time frame the more nervous I became.
I was sooooo relieved to see this sweet baby's heartbeat and to see movement.  The ultrasound tech couldn't get baby to move around enough to see if he/she was male/female, so she had me go to the bathroom to see if that would help.  I did more than that.  I danced around while in there and moved as much as I could to wake baby up!  :)  It did the trick!  Then baby almost wouldn't stop moving in order to get a clear picture.  :)



 Our sweet little baby GIRL!
 

 We got a cute leg shot too, we could see her toes tapping to the music that the tech was playing!
 
20 weeks
 
Before the ultrasound and all through this pregnancy, Dan and I have played the name game.  We had chosen a boy's name with no problem, but couldn't decide on a girl's name.  We had several we liked, but they just didn't feel right.  So we thought for sure that the ultrasound would show that we were having a boy, since none of my pregnancy cues were leaning towards either.  A few days before the ultrasound, I had a very vivid dream where I gave birth to a little girl (in my parent's patio - which I will not be doing!) and I was so amazed with her and surprised that she was a girl that I held her up and very seriously asked her, "What IS your name??"  At that moment my sweet baby smiled, knowingly.  It just sort of clicked at that moment.  Savannah smiles.  I remember watching that silly movie when I was a kid and it just felt right.  So I asked her, "Is your name Savannah?"  And she smiled again.  I woke up with a start.  It was maybe 2am at that point, but I woke Dan up and said, "If we're having a girl, her name is Savannah!"  He was groggy (who wouldn't be!) and made some comments about us having a boy and went back to sleep.
So going into the ultrasound I was really wanting to know the gender! 
I don't know if my dream was an answer to our dilemma at a time when I was frustrated finding a name or just a dream.  But after it I am sure that our sweet girl has found her name.  It finally feels right. This little girl will be our Savannah.  :) 

No comments: