Saturday, June 01, 2013

Happy 34th Birthday to Me!

I was completely spoiled on my birthday this year!  I've been super sick with this pregnancy, so Dan and the kids let me sleep in and surprised me with this fabulous breakfast in bed.
 

 Pretty daffodils from our backyard that Avery likes to pick when asked not to.  She can't resist picking pretty flowers.  :)
 
My yummy birthday cake!
 
 There's a lot of candles!  I'm really old!
 
 We do a babysitting swap with our friends the Wessmans and they watched our kids while Dan took me to the movies to see the new Star Trek movie.  I'm not a big Star Trek fan like Dan, but I enjoy the newer movies.  Then we got the kids and they all took me to Red Robin - a birthday favorite.
 
 Then we got new couches!  There was a great sale and I was beyond frustrated with our old ones.  (They were wonderful couches that used to be Dan's parents, and we were grateful to have them.  Over a few decades and our kids and our scratchy cat they had become very torn so I had made couch covers.  Those covers drove me nuts because they would never stay put or would tear with the upholstery tacks that we used to hold them on.  It was time!)  I love these ones!  And my rocker matches them perfectly!
What a wonderful birthday!

No comments: