Friday, September 07, 2007

Name that animal

We get all kinds of animals here in Michigan, most of them right in our own backyard. A lot of animals are seen from the car though. Our new car game is "Name that Roadkill". There's the typical cat and dog, but we also get possum, racoon, squirrel, skunk, chipmunk, and of course deer (among others). They are everywhere! The deer are the scariest because they dart out into the road and can do the most damage. I think Dan said that there were 2200 deer related accidents last year alone (I think that was the right statistic). We have to be cautious at all times - no lazy driving.

But this is what I like to see most:

This is my friend Mr. Squirrel. He comes right on our deck in the backyard. He and a little friend run amuck in our yard all the time. It keeps Donovan and Elliott amused for a long time. Yesterday he sat on our deck steps and stared at us (we were eating breakfast). Such a funny squirrel!

4 comments:

***LIZ*** said...

What a funny squirel! I love your big backyard, so pretty and green.

said...

Crazy- that's so cute! That would be so much fun for the kids to get to see so much wildlife!

Christie said...

What fun! It sounds like you guys are experiencing all kinds of new things.

Crissybug said...

k...I have just spent some time catching up on you and your cute family. Your new house is so nice! I would love to have that much land! I didn't know that you lived around Brooke while you were still here in AZ. I love Brooke, and still see her from time to time.

Good luck with the winters in Michigan...I hear they are pretty cold! I am so glad to have found you, and look forward to being able to "dropping in" and reading about your family! Blogging is wonderful that way!

Anyway...sorry for the novel of a comment. I will miss you at the reunion, but understand since you just moved. Hopefully the next one won't be so expensive! If you are ever in town...let me know it would be fun to meet up for lunch or something.