Wednesday, July 18, 2007

June 4 - Road Trip Day 2

Today we went from New Mexico to Colorado to Wyoming. We knew it was going to be a long day. This route was much prettier than yesterday. It was greener and we even saw a little snow as we drove by the Rocky Mountains. However, this day was certainly more challenging. There was a lot of rain. This wouldn't normally be a challenge, but for some reason my windshield wipers decided to be sassy. Before we left, we had our cars looked over by professionals and were confirmed to be in tip-top shape. Well for some reason they overlooked my wipers cause they were not working, they were actually kind-of spastic - deciding to work only on Whitney's side and getting stuck off the side of the car for me. So, we very slowly followed Dan's brake-lights or stopped for the torrents of rain to pass.

At least all 3 kiddos had a nice nap.

Late at night we finally arrived in Cheyenne, WY. Dan has friends of the family "Aunt" Nan and "Uncle" Paul that live here. We were told that it shouldn't be a problem finding a hotel so we didn't make a reservation. Bad idea! I guess there were a couple conferences going on and almost everything was taken. I think we must have checked 10-15 hotels before we finally found Best Western. We got the LAST 2 rooms available. I'm so glad we did, there weren't any decent places left. We took our stuff in the "Hitching Post" and then met with Aunt Nan and Uncle Paul to have dinner (I think it was almost 10pm). We had a great time and I wish we could have stayed longer, but we were so tired. Uncle Paul gave us the name of a good mechanic and we went to bed.

No comments: