Sunday, May 27, 2012

Elliott's 100th Day - Feb. 16, 2012

I love kindergarten and all the fun things the teachers let the kids do.  I love Mrs. Back, whom we've had for both boys and her love for kids and for fun in learning.
For the 100th day of school, the kindergarteners were supposed to dress up as what they believe 100 year-olds would look like.  Most kids sprayed their hair gray and brought canes.  But not my child!  With ideas all on his own, I went along with what he suggested:

 We shaved off the top of his head and left the old man ring of hair - Papa style!

 Add a mustache and suspenders.  Voila!  Little old man!
I couldn't stop laughing at his hair.  It was awesome.  He got sad because he thought I was laughing at him, but once I explained that it was supposed to be silly then he laughed too.
Here were some comments from his sibling gallery:
Ross: Oh! You look beautiful!

Donovan: You look like the president!
Me: The president??
Donovan: Ya!  One of the old ones!

When I picked Elliott up from school, Mrs. Back was laughing and said that she and the other teachers at the school couldn't stop laughing all day and it was the best little old man they ever saw.  I'm glad Elliott likes to play the part when he's being silly.

When we got home, we found something that we could have added.  A pot-belly!  What a fun 100th day!  FYI - Elliott became completely bald after this even though he asked to leave it.  We had a lot of funny looks with Mr. Clean afterwards.  :) Too bad they didn't see him before!


No comments: