Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Swim Time

My friend Emily invited the boys and I to go swimming in their heated community pool. It went a lot better than I expected. What did I expect? Screaming children. Well, the kids were very optimistic. Until they got in the water. The only truly happy one was Roswell. Dono and Elliott did good, they just wanted to cling. As you can see, they both had decent floatation devices but that really didn't matter to them. Dan was working, so I was so grateful for Emily who held one of the boys and helped them have fun. I'm glad Abby (Emily's 3-year-old daughter) was happy to swim in her floaty suit by herself.

Happy to be out of the pool.
We did have fun. Emily said we'll just have to keep trying to get them used to it. I agree.
The way to get over a fear is to try.

No comments: