Saturday, April 11, 2009

Primary Egg Hunt & Breakfast

Our primary at church decided to have an Easter egg hunt for the kids in our branch (congregation) and their friends and family. Being the president of the primary, my counselors and I decided to add a pancake/sausage breakfast this year. It was a great success. Many didn't think there would be a good show. Last year we only had five kids come. This year I was optimistic and bought enough supplies for 100. It was a bit much, but as I said, I was being optimistic. I should have done a final count. There were at least 20 kids and their parents/grandparents that showed up. I'm sure there were at least 50 people total. Not bad. I'm pretty sure it will only get better. Hopefully the word will get out and we'll have even more participate next year . Everyone seemed to have fun and the food tasted good (I was probably a little biased). What a great day!

Workin in the kitchen. My mom (bless her heart for wanting to help on her vacation), me, and Dani Firth.
**Bro. Holm, Lael Worsley, and Emily Forsyth also helped with preparations though Dan the cameraman/egg hider didn't catch them in the act.

Some of the participants:

And the hunt begins!

The kids were so excited to find candy-filled eggs. There weren't many hiding places in the back field, but then does it really matter? They had fun.
We'll definitely have to do this again next year.

No comments: