Friday, March 27, 2009

Smash, Crash!

One of the seemingly many rules in our house is to use the rails when going up and down the stairs. The kids just don't understand that these rules are for our safety. If we choose to ignore such safety rules, this is what could happen:


While Dan and I were on a date, Elliott decided that he could ignore this rule while a baby-sitter was at the house. Donovan said there were slips and flips and then a big bang into the gate at the bottom of the stairs. My poor baby. This pic doesn't do the bruise justice.

Here is the icky coloring after 3 days.

See....we don't make rules to be dictators, we want our kids to be safe. Maybe he'll remember this and use his head in a different way next time - by thinking he'll use the rail! I think getting pictures taken will yet again be postponed. :(

2 comments:

Chad, Mindy and girls said...

Whoa...ouch!! Poor guy! Hope he's feeling better (and that he uses those handrails!)

Sarah B said...

Hey he made out better than I did. I fell down the stairs when I was two and broke my arm. I still use the rails every time!