Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Less Afraid






For our mom's club we went to the Tempe Beach Splashpark. I'm always leery because Donovan has always been afraid of the water. Any time he experiences something new with water, he freaks out. For example it took months for him to actually not cry when we gave him a bath. But now that he has one a lot and has toys and crayons to play with then he's ok. A shower? No way. Then the beach (Florida or San Diego) is just a horrific time. Well this splash park has been no different. I was prepared to leave quickly, after he tried first. There was a little whining, but not much. He actually had fun. Of course he would only really get his feet wet and kick the water, but hey, I'll take what I can get. Too bad the summer is coming to a close and so is the park. I wish I tried sooner. Oh well, there's always next time.



No comments: