Ever since Avery could move (which started very early!) she has been on the go. She has always been observant of her surroundings. When she was in the nursery at church, her teacher Sue Draut said that you could just see the wheels turning in her mind as she watched and waited. Then she would do what she wanted when she knew you weren't looking her way. She continues this, but in an exponential way! She is forever keeping us on our toes!
Don't let her snuggles deceive you! :) She is a sweet and loving girl who loves to snuggle.
She loves to play games on my tablet while I'm waiting at the doctor's office.
And she loves to be girly! Right down to making sure I paint her toes with sparkles.
Then when your least expecting it (but now we always expect it), she does things like:
Unscrew the light bulbs off her ceiling fan using her bunk bed ladder and chew on the metal part. She unscrewed the rest of them and hid them in her bed. She also took the mini light bulb from her night bulb and broke it on the floor. Suffice it to say, for her safety, I don't allow light bulbs in her room anymore. It's pretty dark!
She likes to tear apart books while in her room. On one occasion, I found that she's not partial with paper. I found that she had snuck the dollar that her Nama Elliott had given her and ripped it to shreds too. When trying to piece it together I found a large hole. I searched for it but couldn't find it. When I asked her what happened to it, she said her tummy hurt because she ate a part of it. Bleh! Hopefully she learned importance of keeping our money whole when I let the boys spend their money at the dollar store and she didn't get anything because her dollar was unusable.
When insisting on getting into our van the wrong way when I advised her otherwise, she ended up getting her fingers accidentally smashed by her brother. My poor baby!
Because I had to take all light bulbs out of her room, I put this non-light bulb type night light in her room. Yup, destructo girl struck again!
Some other treasures of mischief that Avery has performed:
-At bed time, dousing an entire pack of new toilet paper with water making a soppy blobby mess.
-We ended up reversing the lock on her room door so that we "lock" her in until she falls asleep to keep her and our things safe. She found that if she climbed up and took a glow in the dark star off her ceiling she could unlock the door and get out when others were sleeping. We took the stars down. With wheels turning, she has found other ways to unlock her door, and has been VERY creative. She has used hair barrettes, child-proof (ha ha) outlet covers, toys and books she has snuck into bed, a picture frame from her wall, and her doll's hand. Oy! And this is just the stuff we know about! Who knows what she'll think of next.
-We have learned to frisk her and her bed before naps and bed-time because she will snatch anything to get away with it. We will find odd things in there or hidden in her room. Once, when we had family visiting, we found a food item missing and couldn't find it anywhere! I felt like I should check on Avery. Sure enough! She had snuck chips and cookies into her bed and tried to shove as many as she could in her mouth when she heard me coming upstairs. On another occasion, I was doing yard work during nap time and when I was finished I cleaned up and was going to use my tablet but couldn't find it. I again had the thought to check on Avery. She had gotten out of her room somehow and took my tablet and was watching PBS shows on it. How she knew how to do that I'll never know. I just hope she didn't purchase anything with it. I guess I'll find out! And yet another instance, our friends the Smiths were watching the kids for us while I was in AZ and Dan had to work. While Stephanie took the boys to school, Tom stayed to watch Frozen with Avery. Avery waited until Tom inevitably fell asleep and then raided their kitchen and ate an ENTIRE family sized bag of Oreos! She had refused to eat her breakfast, so I guess she was biding her time until she could have something better.
Who knows what she'll come up with next! We sure love her, but she certainly keeps us on our toes. Did I mention that my hair has lots of gray! :)









No comments:
Post a Comment