This week is Donovan's spring break so we decided to get out of the house and do things this week. Monday we went to the Frederik Meijer Gardens and Sculpture Park in Grand Rapids, MI with some friends. I think the final count was 33 of us that went. It was amazing!
First we went to the butterfly garden (which is only during March and April).

Elliott and Donoflies.

There were many species of butterflies EVERYWHERE! It was awesome!

The birthing room? This is where all the chrysalis (I'm not sure the plural) hang till they emerge. It was crazy how many different colors and shapes there were. Most of these species are from Asia I think.

A close-up and some of the hatched butterflies.

Some of the huge butterflies and their cocoons.

Our favorite babysitter Mindy Draut (with Briton) holding a butterfly.
Then we experienced the sculpture part of the park. These sculptures were creative and very well done.

Many children playing. Our "real" children enjoyed playing in the water, but the mom's made them leave before they got soaked and too cold.

Ribbit

Can you find my kids? Hint: Ross is in the stroller. This horse was HUGE to say the least. Holy Moly!

There they are! And yes, it was a male horse, really people? This is a kids park.

And a giant hill to accompany the horse. Dono really enjoyed sliding/rolling down until I told him to stop because it was still wet from the morning's rain.

A nice waterfall and pond. There were pretty fish (or "bish" as Ross calls them) swimming there.

You can't see the large spider so well, but Dono is being attacked.

We thought this one should be called "learning by osmosis" but I think the real name was "Listening to history"

Our bigger kids (little ones were in strollers) : Keegan, Hannah, Abby, Donovan, and Elliott

"I, me, she or he" They had no faces and were made with metal letters. Interesting.

We went to the "farm" area. Here are the goats. A tribute to Roswell?

Yee haw chickens!
This was a fun trip, but a lot of walking for a large prego lady! Thank goodness there were restrooms all around. :) The kids had fun, I had fun, it was worthwhile.
1 comment:
Oh that's neat!
Post a Comment