Thursday, April 17, 2008

Never a Dull Moment

Well, on Tues. I had my doctor's appointment to hear Ross's heartbeat, get my fabulous Rhogham shot (gotta love my O- blood!), and do my hour long glucose tolerance test. I told them of some concerns that I was having of pressure, so they ended up checking me out and gave me another ultrasound where they determined that I needed BEDREST! The concern has to do with my cervex. I won't go into detail, I'm not contracting or dilating yet (thank goodness), but my body is showing signs common in those that have pre-term labor. I've even had to get steroid shots to help Ross's lungs develop incase he does show up early. So for the next 6-8 weeks I will be down for the count. I'm glad that I'm not confined to a bed which some have to do. I can still go places but I have to take it easy. I am restricted in everything physical. No walking, standing for long periods of time, housework, lifting heavy things, and excessive stair usage. That doesn't leave a lot of things to do. I guess I'll be doing a lot of reading, movie watching, crocheting, and sitting outside to enjoy the weather while the boys play. And poor Dan has been so wonderful. He's been doing the dishes, laundry, and every little thing that I have been told not to do on top of his normal job. I really do have the best husband. And our new friends from church (whom I told because I had to cancel our playgroup this week) have been so supportive and offered to help clean and everything. It helps to know that we are loved wherever we go. I wish our family was close by because I know they would love to help us too especially in playing with the boys, but it's nice to know that others are willing to serve too. It's so frustrating not being able to do my normal routine. And I think this will be a humility lesson on my behalf. I'm not usually one to let someone else do something for me (besides family). I'm just gonna have to suck it up and let others help and be grateful. When it's all through, I think I will be even more willing to help others in their time of need. I guess the cycle will continue. So, I'm asking for your help. Have you read any good books or seen a good video lately? I'd love suggestions to help fill my uneventful days ahead.

7 comments:

Becky said...

Poor you! Brynn just got off of bed rest, but I think she still has to take it easy. As for entertainment...I have a list of fav. books on my blog on the right side. As for movies, I'd have to know your tastes. A fav. comedy of mine is "What's up doc?" Sci-fi movie, "The Island", Romance "A Room with a View", Suspense "Wait until Dark" Classic "Wonder Man" and many many more. Good luck!

The Crazy Holdens said...

I'm so sorry, bedrest SUCKS!!!! Atleast you get to be on bedrest at home and not at the hospital, that's even worse. I hope all goes well, keep us informed. Love ya

Anonymous said...

So sorry!! That really stinks! My favorite movies are long ones, the whole Anne of Green Gables series, and I love the A&E version of Pride and Predjudice. I also really like the version of Emma with Gwenyth Paltrow. I also really like Gone with the Wind. Hope you are doing better soon!

Shellee said...

Get an X-Box, or rent one for a few weeks... That's the only way I got through mine...
AMEN to Pride and Prejudice (BBC) version...

***LIZ*** said...

Oh no! Well hopefully you'll get to read some good books while flat on your back.

Stefanie said...

I'm so sorry. Pre-term labor is no fun, beleive me. I wish I would have enjoyed the chance to rest because after the baby was born I didn't get a chance. I talked on the phone a lot and did crossword puzzles. Take care.

Stefanie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.