Today my Grandma turns 84. She is such an awesome lady. I want to be like her when I am her age. Most grandmas are old and feeble and don't do a whole lot of productive things. Not my grandma! She is the most active woman her age I know. She spends endless hours working on family history and then taking those names to do their work in the temple every week. She also gets together often with ladies from her ward. She does humanitarian aide projects for those less fortunate in other countries. She also does water aerobics to keep in shape. And she makes time every week to go out dancing with her 'boyfriend' Joe. Then she makes sure that all her family and friends birthdays and special days are acknowledged by a card and if close enough, a visit. If my count is right, she has 4 daughters, 11 grandchildren, and 23 great-grandchildren with at least 2 more coming this year. What a great posterity! And she keeps in contact with all of us. It's hard not being able to visit grandma like I used to, but I sure enjoy talking to her on the phone. The boys love talking with her too. We love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!Thursday, January 31, 2008
Happy Birthday Grandma!
Today my Grandma turns 84. She is such an awesome lady. I want to be like her when I am her age. Most grandmas are old and feeble and don't do a whole lot of productive things. Not my grandma! She is the most active woman her age I know. She spends endless hours working on family history and then taking those names to do their work in the temple every week. She also gets together often with ladies from her ward. She does humanitarian aide projects for those less fortunate in other countries. She also does water aerobics to keep in shape. And she makes time every week to go out dancing with her 'boyfriend' Joe. Then she makes sure that all her family and friends birthdays and special days are acknowledged by a card and if close enough, a visit. If my count is right, she has 4 daughters, 11 grandchildren, and 23 great-grandchildren with at least 2 more coming this year. What a great posterity! And she keeps in contact with all of us. It's hard not being able to visit grandma like I used to, but I sure enjoy talking to her on the phone. The boys love talking with her too. We love you Grandma! Happy Birthday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Grandma- we love you too! That was a sweet tribute Crystal!
Crystal do you know what you are haveing yet? and if not are you finding out are you telling? I want to be like your garndma too!!!
Post a Comment