Sunday morning, Dan glanced out the window and saw something move. Upon further investigation, he noticed it was a whitetailed deer! Can you see it? She blends in very well. If you look at the slide and follow it up the picture just past the fence, you will find it. Just to the left of the giant double tree. We know it was a mommy deer because her fawn was also there foraging around the wooded area. It was fun to watch her. We thought she would be gone once we got home from church, but no, she stayed the entire day. It's hunting season right now, so she probably figured that that was a safe spot. Once night fall came, she and her baby were gone and haven't come back. We hope that maybe someday they'll come back.On a funny note, we called to tell our families that there were deer in the back yard (we both come from families that love nature and hunting). My mom was talking to Donovan and told him that she wished she could see the deer. So in his matter-of-fact voice, he sighs and says,"Nama, get in your car, drive to the airport, get on a plane, and fly out here so you can see the deer." Like, duh! It's only that easy! He was so serious that it made us laugh. How did he get so practical? What a cute kid. He amazes me everyday!
6 comments:
Oh I miss being able to see deer! What a treat for you. I was beginning to wonder if something happened to you, so I'm glad you were just on vacation.
That is such a cute story! I really wish it was that easy to travel I would come see the deer too!
Donovan is so cute! I love seeing the deer when we go to my grandparents in Utah... its crazy that they don't really care about people or cars- they just do whatever and go where they want!
Sounds like your AZ trip was fun! Looks cold in Michigan, do you like it?
He's so cute...and such a smartie pants!
Are you loving the snow? It looks beautiful.
How fun! That's too cute Donovan said that! Looks so beautiful over there!
Post a Comment